Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Just for Daddy!


This year, I wanted to make hubby's present meaningful. Getting Lucas involved in the process gives him the freedom to create & enjoy. I could learn a thing or two from him. To be free & original. Sometimes, the most honest designs comes from children. I'm very happy and honoured to be able to "work" with my son as we team-up to come out with a "masterpiece" for daddy...

Look at how serious he is working on his "masterpiece"...
This is what he scribbled with paint...


I cropped the art paper & started to work my "magic" on it :) I added a few drops of black ink splatter.
I tried to keep the embellishments minimal & try not to steal the limelight away from Lucas' artwork.


And the result? An Altered clipboard for daddy to display at his office :)
This makes me so proud of my lil guy!


What about the rest of his "artwork"?

I cropped one of it & made it into a card. 
Alot of random stickers & cut outs from Amy Tangerine, Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye, Cosmo Cricket & etc. with items that hubby can relate to :) such as his love for cycling, travelling, photography.... Working with a background paper that is not designer was definitely good practice for me to work beyond my comfort zone.



I hope hubby will love his handmade gifts from us! Excited to give them to him tomorrow... ^_^

Thanks for looking! 
Love, Josie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...