Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Case Study : 4th Challenge

I'm indeed a very lucky girl...because during Jessy's last trip to Penang, she gave me a lovely RAK.
THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL RAK Jessy... She's just so sweet. The RAK was so inspiring and just right for Case Study's Challenge #4.
90% of the card was made from items from the lovely RAK :)

For the challenge, we have to create a card based on the lovely creation of Makiko Jones :

Here's my take :
Inspired by Makiko's card color (Kraft, Green, Orange) and layout of the card.

The close-up :
When I saw the butterfly die cut from the RAK, I fell in love with it immediately... and it's so precious I had to make sure I didn't spoil it while trying to distress it.


The recipe to my card :

Pattered Paper : My Mind's Eye from Jessy
Card Stock : Bazzil Kraft
Stamps : Hero Arts (stamped with StazOn Timber Brown)

Embellishments :
1 die cut butterfly from Jessy (distressed with Tattered Rose (my all time fav. distress ink color))
1 paper rose from Jessy (also distressed with Tattered Rose)
1 paper doily from Jessy
3 pearls

Tools:
Fiskar's Threading Water Punch

When they all come together, tada... A sweet card inspired by two lovely people, Jessy and Makiko.

Thanks for dropping by.

Love ya lots, Josie

11 comments:

  1. Josie dear, you used the RAK so well! This is a beautiful card! I love how you positioned the embellies & u r welcome on the RAK, just smth small :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! This has to be my fav card of yours so far! It's so pretty!! You make me want to get the tattered rose too! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Josie, the butterfly is stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo pretty! I love the soft & elegant look. The tea rose on the butterfly looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE this!!!! Oh so soft and pretty! Love the rose on the butterfly - so sweet!
    Thanks for taking part in this week's CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderfully soft and delicate! Love the colors you used and that butterfly is darling! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWOON!! This is gorgeous and so trendy, Josie!! Love the butterfly and doily...
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Card gurl!!!! :) love the colours and how u put Jessy's rak together so beautifully! :) Congrats on your big win! woot woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, thank you Sharm... ^_^ must thank Jessy too and everyone else who has encouraged me to join the challenge... Love ya all...

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Love the butterfly & flower together. Congrats on your card being chosen at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...